Hi everyone!

Andyfr

Just joined and wanted to say hi to you all.

I'm thinking about changing my car this year and a Subaru XV is on my shortlist. We live in the Highlands and get quite a bit of snow so four wheel drive isn't a luxury.

Current car is a Freelander 2 GS Auto 2011MY owned from new. Don't like the Discovery Sport and am moving away from diesel anyway so it wouldn't be an option anyway.

I intend to visit the dealers around Easter. The main things I will be looking at then will be the measurements of the boot, if a spare wheel is available (quite happy with a spacesaver) and the comfort of the seats, bit of lumbar support and not too hard.

Anyway, I'll be checking out the forum when I can.

Cheers!

dad bought hius about 9 months ago and im seriously tempted by one to replace my daily hack.

Comes with tyre inflator crap rather than a spare, but you can buy an oiptional spare, but it raises the boot floor up. I find the seats pretty comfortable in it, but its always a personal thing with seats so i'd go sit in one and see what you think.

Other option is the forrester which is its big brother

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

If you want to ask in the XV section of the forum will be best bet mate. For some reason a lot of the members don't come in to this section to say Hi as most of the time it's people just coming on and saying stuff like "Hi my names keith, and I'm in to polythene bags" 

But great bunch on here so don't be afraid to ask away even if you feel it's a stupid question. :help:

Thanks for the reply!

Does the spacesaver raise the boot floor or just the full size?

Have wondered about the Forester but the 0-60 seems a bit sluggish unless I go for the XT and that's a bit pricey.

3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

If you want to ask in the XV section of the forum will be best bet mate. For some reason a lot of the members don't come in to this section to say Hi as most of the time it's people just coming on and saying stuff like "Hi my names keith, and I'm in to polythene bags" 

But great bunch on here so don't be afraid to ask away even if you feel it's a stupid question. :help:

Hi Gambit

Thanks for the welcome. I'll take your advice and post in the XV section. :smile:

• Like 1