remote kits or galley plug for installing senders

stants

Gauge turned up today so i need to work out where to locate/which method.

I'm fairly handy with the spanners bug not worked on subaru's before so idealy i'm looking forthe easiest option,

1.buy a galley plug adapter pop everything in there (oil pressure sender) had a quick look but couldn't find them, was about 9 last night and getting dark. I assumed i'd be able to see the one near the turbo but no.

2 relocate original pressure warning light with kit and attach sender on side of t-peice,

Anyone know if there are any major differences betwewn the foreater engine layout to the impreza :-)

just be careful when changing my car Stereo thought I would save time and cut all wires from impreza and move straight over to forester and wire it up with the colour wires there. NOPE not that easy, they are all different coloured. so what I am saying could be different colour wires but same engine layout.

Tell me about it! Turning out to be a righg ball ache locating suitable places to tap into wiring.

So far it's the two wires that go from foglight to ignition for ground and 12v acc power now i've just got to find the right perm live one.

If the clock wasn't mounted in the headliner this would have been easy and done already

Had that problem with a taco gauge. lets just say it lights up and does nothing :D worst thing's ever to buy after doing lots of reading to get them to work :( 

And like Miggs said and you have found out not one wire is the same from each car that I have found yet :( 

sorted wiring (i think)  :huh:

i want to keep the dummy light stock sender and just put a pressure one in has anyone got any experience of these ?

http://rspec.co.uk/b-gauge-adaptors-b/subaru-adaptors/subaru-remote-oil-pressure-dual-sensor-adaptor-remote-kit

i'm assuming i just undo original sender screw this in then replace sender at the end of the tee and after market sender on the side ?

sorry for all the questions, i don't want to take everything appart only to find out i'm short ! haha

• Like 1

Basically if I have read that right then yes, all your doing is tapping into the current feed, fit a t piece in line somewhere, fit new gauge to t and original 2 bits of pipe to the ends and job done