just found another problem

well was getting ready for the work need to do on car tomoz and thought I will hav a look round at what I was about to undertake. just found a big problem when buying diff off eBay took the guys word that it is for mine. thinking all diff ratio would be the same for engine and gear box code. also thought that the codes on rear diff would identify what I had...... NOPE. I found there is no identification marks on diff the only way of telling is to open box. there is a quick way of finding ratio out but not precise you turn drive shaft full rotation and count the rotation of prop shaft but this is a bit unsafe. I found the only way Subaru knew ratio was on a paper sticker which falls off. WTF.... so lets hope and pray it work or new car for me. as won't be buying a new gear box after this. if anyone else knows anything different please let me know ;). info I can find now is I think my diff is a 4.1.1 ratio as a uk forester 99. I turned the drive shaft and got 4 and a bit rotation on the prop. so think its the same.