Sorry if this is an old question - shared impreza parts

Lifterles

Hi
Ive had my 97 t/tb Forester since October, and it is time I started giving it some real love.

I know there are shared parts with Imprezas of the same era, but I also know it has some differences like the turbo, the differentials and the auto gear box obviously :)

I need a steering pump first of all - can I get one from a WRX of that age, and am I right in seeing the WRX brake discs and calipers as being direct swaps.

Basically how much of a broken WRX can I use on my Foz as budget is a big factor for me and when it comes to tuning parts impreza's seem very well catered for.

Also need a wind deflector for the drivers side ..... this one got snapped ... or a pair as these are super brittle ....

Dont worry about the fog light, I have a new bumper that hasnt has someone reverse into it with an integrated fog light, and I also have 2 drivers side doors to go on .. :)

Mods so far are the 19inch wheels which were a steal with tyres (must sell the JDM ones), and the cat back.

2016-02-12 09.59.52.jpg

• Like 1

Hello & welcome

OK the only differences are, suspension is stiffer at the rear to accommodate the extra weight over the impreza and the exhaust is slightly longer.

Being jdm the ratios in the box and diffs are different but if you had to the entire lot can be swapped for uk running gear,

You've already got bigger wheels so 4 pots and 294mm discs will bolt straight up.

The rear arb is pathetic so I'd change it out for something thicker from an impreza.

Wind deflectors are like rocking horse !Removed! you may have to get a pair shipped from Japan, unless you can find a breakers here that may have one,

If your wanting to map it you'll need a standalone apexi ecu or esl board grafting onto your existing ecu

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here's all the bits I've done to mine so far

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.subaruownersclub.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php?/topic/9698-my-foz&share_tid=9698&share_fid=75442&share_type=t

my foz

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, I also have an interest in the questions you are asking as I have an old 2001 Forester 2.0 S turbo which requires some tlc and would like to know what parts I can use from other Subaru's. I have an issue with rear sagging suspension and my turbo actuator is not operating. More importantly, I would like to know what parts I can change in order to gain more power and handling etc... I hope I am not interrupting. I am following this thread with interest. Thanks.

Saggy suspension is common, especially if it's got the self leveling suspension, best bet is to rip the old unit's out and either get a set from pedders which will have new top mounts springs and shocks, will just bolt straight in, or get a custom set of springs from springcoil and kyb struts and top mounts,there's a thread with part numbers somewhere.

I think Eudm fox's came with a tfo3 turbo so you could bolt on a td04 or 05 or something newer like a vf series turbo on, but will require mapping to avoid it going bang,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk