2008 Subaru Outback 2.0D Rn - Problem already!

pieeater

Hi Guys/Gals

Had the Outback for a week now, and to be honest I like it. VVV lively for a Diesel!!

Only problem I found yesterday was when I was hacking around the M60 yesterday 

I was hovering around the 80-90 mark when I started getting a vibration from front drivers side wheel.

It was getting worse so I pulled over onto hard shoulder, thought it was a flat tyre. But tyre was ok. So I set off again and all was ok till later that day It started again. Got it home but couldn't find anything wobbly or loose 

Drove to work today at a steady 30-40 and no vibrations

Has anyone else suffered the same problem or heard of this? If so any idea of the cure?

Cheers

Pieeater

Do you get any drumbing sounds could be a wheel bearing or Hub another possible thing is Lower Ball Joint for any splits. I would have a look at the breakpads too. For any worn down either at the top or the bottom of the pad or for any binding signs. And would look at CV joint and the rubber boots. While it's jacked up you should be able to give the spring a look at and check the suspension strut. That's all I can think of at the minute :) 

Wheel might have thrown a weight and is out of balance.

CV joint test - full lock in car park etc slowly drive forwards in circle if it has gone there will be a cyclic clunking sound also try in reverse to be sure