New Owner of an 07 Impreza 5spd

timconsubi07

Hey everyone I just bought an 07 Impreza 5 speed. It is completely stock and I wanted to make this thread to introduce myself. My name is Tim and I just sold my 07 Volvo S60R. It was sad to see it go but I needed something new. The subi has 150k miles on her and has a year old timing belt, water pump, clutch, and a few other thing that I can't remember. There is a small oil leak and metal on metal vibration noise coming from the shifter when driving. Took it for a spin for the first time today and man am I impressed. Didn't stall once.

Here are some pics :)

70328d33ef195254ec4882d8fb286b49.jpg

b4be48293514a3b244ae9ae55ec685bc.jpg

Advice on where to start? I was thinking flush/bleed and replace all the fluids then go to tire/wheel options. Maybe even a fresh paint job?

Thanks!

Hello & welcome looks a nice clean example,

Where's the oil leak coming from ? It's not unusual for the can covers to weep over time, so hopefully something small and easy to replace,

I'd do all fluids and have a poke around the underside as the stock droplinks aren't the best.

Agreed on the wheels need something to fill the arches a bit better !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm going to be bringing it into the shop as the small oil leak and a few other problems are going to be diagnosed. It's coming from the front of the engine and it's dripping down onto a sheet of metal at the bottom. Not really sure what I'm looking at that's why I'm bringing it to my mechanic.

I'll be doing all the fluids next week starting with oil and coolant, then brake fluid and checking the level of power steering. How often should differential fluid be replaced?

Ah I'm sure the shop will be able to find it fairly easy, cam covers go due to the heat and weep so that my guess if it's on the passenger side towards the front,

Diff & gearbox oil is every three years but for peace of mind I'd get them done while your doing everything else !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk