Biggest Tyre size for stock GX 15'' Bugeye rims

d14vd_h

Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered before but I'm looking for advice in the tire size for my 2001 GX Wagon that has 15'' rims,

I was looking at either 205/60 or 205/65 
R15

the favourites of the Grabber or the Geolander aren't available in those dimensions however there are some decent 4 season and A/T alternatives especially from Maxxis.

Any advice on what would work best with no suspension mods and no fear of rubbing but still fill the arches and give it some more off road capability and looks would be much appreciated.

D

What size tyres have they got on at the moment?

If they are the same as my 15" rims then they are 6" wide so a 205 Tyre will be the widest i would go for. I would say 205/60 or 205/55 to roughly keep the same outside diameter.

This is a great tool for playing around with to make sure what you are getting will work with your car.

Razz

16 hours ago, Razz311 said:

What size tyres have they got on at the moment?

If they are the same as my 15" rims then they are 6" wide so a 205 Tyre will be the widest i would go for. I would say 205/60 or 205/55 to roughly keep the same outside diameter.

This is a great tool for playing around with to make sure what you are getting will work with your car.

Razz thanks for the reply, yep was planning on 205 wide but was hoping for 60 or even 65

I'd like to not deviate from the stock diameter too much for speedo accuracy but really want some all terrain tyres and the filled arches look of rally rims. 

11 hours ago, d14vd_h said:

Razz

Razz thanks for the reply, yep was planning on 205 wide but was hoping for 60 or even 65

I'd like to not deviate from the stock diameter too much for speedo accuracy but really want some all terrain tyres and the filled arches look of rally rims. 

Razz wondering you thoughts on this;

my stock tyres on there currently are 195/60/R15

giving circumference of 24.2

WRX have 205/55/R16 

giving circumference of 24.9

If i went to 205/65/R15

thats a circumference of 25.5

pushing to /70 makes it 26.3

So im definitely going for 65 and I now wonder whether 70 would be feasible...