Rear Wheel Arch Rubber Strips

nidgep

hi guys

Would like to know your thoughts on the retention of the rubber strip that fits on the inner edge of the rear wheel arches.

My car only has one fitted and wondered whether or not it's a good thing to replace them or leave them off.
Although I can see that they would protect the arch lip from stone chips etc., they seem like they are a water/mud trap to me.

Is the general consensus to keep them?
If so does anyone know where I can buy them (other than from a main dealer that is).

Cheers

Keep them stops the outer lip from rusting as fast, I usually clean them.all out once a year then spray waxoil inside the lip and re attach, I'd look at breakers yards, I got a pair for a tenner subaru want 50quid a side

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a pair of strips blind over the phone from a breakers for £20 delivered.
One is shoddy, the other is ok, but not as good as the one already on the car.
Not particularly happy with them, but will keep them.

Have now bought a new one from the local Subaru main dealer.
Part number 91016SA000 - PROTR ARCH R (apparently they are handed?)

£27.83 + VAT = £33.40 ridiculous price.

Always a lottery being from breakers, I ended up spending 2 days cleaning the things as the car they came from must have been at the bottom of a swamp 😳

They are shaped slightly differently at each end so only fit on one side. Yours are cheaper than the sf booo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply stants. I think one of the ones from the breaker has been hit with a hammer it's so uneven. TBH I had one on the car when I bought it. Took it off and cleaned it but now not 100% sure which side it was on! I think it was missing from the drivers side so that's the one I told the dealer I needed. Hope If they are handed as both you and the part number suggest, I just hope I'm right...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk