Removal of rear window panel.

Sepherence

Hi all, the photo isn’t my car but it highlights my issue! My cars been sat up for a long time and ive just got her back on the road... the body work has kept really well considering, however the rear window panels seem to be going back to chrome due to the sun! I’m looking to remove them and re-spray however i can’t seem to get them off without the feeling that they are going to bend! Any advice on how to remove without causing damage? Any advice very much appreciated as id rather not spray them on the car!.. thanks

c-pillartrim.jpg

Welcome to the club, i had exactly the same problem when i bought my classic last year and the previous owner had covered them in crappy stick on carbon fibre wrap stuff, to get them off just peel the window rubber back and theres a few screws that hold them on, i gave them a sand down with some wet and dry sand paper dried them off and a clean with brake cleaner, then used a old metal coat hanger and bent it so i could hang them up then got a rattle can of matt black, now they look good as new :thumbup1:

• Like 1

ive a tin of Matt black ready to go! thanks for the response! ill have another look tomorrow morning... Thanks for the welcoming! ive had such a rough time with my car, owned it for around 9 years but only had a few months driving in total... once ive finished these last bits ill be sure to share my WIP on the forum... :) 

• Like 1

Its a dead simple job bud, not so good that you've been having alot of problems with the motor but sounds like your nearly there with it, be good to see pics of it because we do like pics on here :smile: