turbo identification

aucky

so has it says guys,i have been studying my turbo to see if it is what i was told it was,i read it sould say on it what it is,like td04 or vf34 but i dont no were it sould say it,can you see it when it is on car or would it have to be removed to see the identification,cheers i no may be a daft question but i have no clue were it would be and unless it says garret or something in big letters then one turbo looks like another to me :biggrin:

thanks mate i have a inspection mirror so sould be able to see using that no i no were to look.i no its a diffrent question but whats a hibrid td04 i read about and why are better then a normal td04,am not clued up on turbos so think i sould learn more about them :rolleyes:

Hybrid turbos are usually ones that have been rebuilt with billet internals or have clipped vanes to aid spool etc, a hybrid td04 will make nearly 300bhp as opposed to stock maxing out at 270ish,

All depends on what you want from your turbo, before my car gave up the ghost I was looking into rebuilding mine with a billet wheel with more vanes, but other foz ownes say the results they have had were inconclusive, the billet core is heavier and the amount of air flowing through it wasn't enough to keep it spooled so made it laggier, but once it did go it pulled harder and further up the rev range,

Maybe a td04 with a cast wheel but more vanes and port and polish would have been a better idea, oh well as it stands I have a nice ornament at the mo 🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well I'll be back in scoobs but at the mo I've just bought the old man's manual focus for a steal, (only wanted what he'd have got px) he's got himself an auto now

So hopefully the misses will finally learn & pass as she couldn't get insured on the foz, then let her have that save up some pennies and join the hatch crew 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1