2015 STI DRL LED's

JohnM

Has anyone replaced the OEM DRL bulbs with LED's? Ordered some but they are too wide to fit in the housing. Looking for somewhere that I can buy them in the UK. Not sure how wide they are.  
Ps. The housing with the fog lights and DRL's together.

No, I have not tried to do this, I am afraid.

So the LED's are too wide for the actual lamp backing housing and you want the full ensemble ? No, also not sure where to get these.

Sorry not so helpful.

I must admit to not really liking them in the fogs. It looks a bit aftermarket / after thought. I know that this is standard state but they look less "premium" than the ones on the headlights you see.

Just my opinion and I am sure many like them where they are currently. 

Tbh, it is a crap idea for them. You need to go under the car to change the bulb which is rediculous. -1 for Subaru! 

I was going to get rid of the DRL's and put in a better set of fog lights but not sure if I should. 

I think you may run into MOT issues on regulation there if you get rid of the DRL's. I believe (although don't quote me since it is a bit of time since I looked at this) they are a legal requirement after a certain date when the whole new generation was launched.

So if, say, the 2015 year is the legal requirement marker in time and the car manufacturer is already making model "x", so that they don't have to re-arrange the front end of the motor at great cost, they don't have to install them until the new generation is launched. But any time after 1 Jan 2015 when a new generation is launched, the DRL's have to go in. 

I can't remember the date so Jan 2015 is made up. But I would just take a look at what you can and can't do with these before you remove them totally, just in case.

I could very easily be wrong of course.

Looks like from Feb 2011 that they must have DRL's. Might have to find another way of running a set. There might be a better set of fog/drl housings online. 

IMG_5038.PNG