Brake pad plate thing missing from passenger side on my WRX??

sum1 superior

Just had all new Pads and disks fitted to my Impreza WRX blobeye (05) but when i collected it, the mechanic said there was a plate missing that goes on top of the caliper which supposidly stops the pads from rattling on the front passenger side. Looks like the previous owner replaced the pads and forgot to put this part back on. I've been told its fine to drive but maybe worth trying to get one.

My question is..... does anyone know what the hell this part is called and where i can get 1 from???

Cheers people.

Normally called anti rattle clips or shims. Depending on what it looks like. Sometimes can be springs. Maybe worth having a word with your local motor factors.

Some places do a kit for just the shims and springs, did you buy oem pads ? Normally come complete with all the clips. Give subaru a ring and see at least if not you may b abl to get a part number

• Like 2

Hi mate this is what I got 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-TURBO-inc-WRX-FRONT-BRAKE-PAD-FITTING-KIT-PIN-KIT-4-POT-BPF1752D-/330885529976?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ASubaru&hash=item4d0a508178

I take it it is the front one's. If not I would ring the company up in the link they have loads of stuff inc the rears