Hello. Owner of 05 Foz 2.0XT auto

RIGZ

Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to learn more about my current Subaru. Interested in upgrading and optimising my second Forester. First was an earlier 2.0l manual (loved it, so did the rust). I love the functionality, power and the sound of the Subaru build... A little concerned with certain weak areas. More of an off-road orientation with this vehicle. 

sorry here your first one lost to car cancer, sg can suffer that in inner rear turrets right at top sides and front lower edge sill end cap. subframes too but bit of waxoil on subframes and suspension points/chassis legs at rear works wonders. Older sf more solid built but harder find good ones these days.

hope you get off to good start ..

Yup, rear turrets got her in the end...

Yes, started Well already. Suffered a Lower arm failure and found the info that you put up on the bugeye alu' upgrade. I Just need to source and find an appropriate establishment to do the work... my current mechanic/garage, I feel, may have let me down due to lack of knowledge/interest... I feel very fortunate that the wishbone decided to fail in a car park and not on the road!

They easy fit so any half decent mechanic do that easy and quick .

I would do lower balljoints and swaybar droplinks at same time if funds allow and assuming none already close to new or A1 (not expensive if you source parts ebay) thread on hear about good brand parts .

Thank you, I found those on eBay this morning and stuck him an offer, he's only an hour away so hoping he'll get back to me so I can get on with the job...  The lower arm rear bushes were replaced in November for the Mot so I'll be swapping those over also. 

Cheers Jay762

Well Mr B, that sale was too good to be true. Didn't happen! Still searching... Man, how many different types are impreza are There, I'm getting a bit flustered when it comes to specific alloy arms that will fit the forester? Any helpful knowledge will be greatly appreciated

Thanks again, I sourced an outfit who break Imprezas and have an abundance of parts, so I pretty much got everything I need and more 👍🏼

A wealth of experience by the sound of it. Happy days... Sods law that there's been a good dump of snow and I'm running about in a little puddle jumper of a hire car... Hoping to get the forester back on the road for the weekend.

Just had a call from the garage claiming they can't get the arms to fit??? Any clues to what the problem could be?

The only thing I can see may be different is the rear Bush housing may be a slight different shape... (which they could just use the old ones). I can' get to see them and starting to doubt their abilities. Knew I should of just done the job my self!

Front bushes apparently, the arms came with poly bushes which have a 10mm I.D sleeve which need to be 12mm. Mechanic didn't want to proceed to the next step until he was certain the oe bushes would fit the ally arms... here's hoping!

Oe bush fit fine on everyone i ever done

bush measures 55mm in length, 38.22 outer diameter and as stated 12mm inner diameter . If that appears correct you can use adl bush (ads78011) or febi bush (29375) or if want polybush use strongflex 271143B
febi bilstein bushes are less than £10 each .

other option is resize sleeves if enough metal .

• Like 1

Happy days

I do prefer rubber bushes tbh

If it were me I'd of bored out the sleeve in 2 minutes on the lathe. unfortunately the communication with the garage has gone to pot

It seems like they're not interested in the work on the Subaru. Must prefer just changing clean parts on new cars haha

I'll keep you posted :)