Intercooler

andyx187

Quick answer based on what little info there is, no.

What you will need to do is look at the condition of your intercooler and make sure all the fins are straight, not filled with fly's, bees, small children etc and blocking air flow. You can remove it easily enough and do this at a table to save your back. Use a pin or pair of tweezers.

Then You can use a degreaser and water and give it a careful wash to remove any grime, oil etc which will improve its cooling efficiency.

The long answer to your question will be based around tuning and looks and ultimately what you want from the car, this will require sitting down and making a plan and a list.

The stock intercooler is good for aprox 400bhp if i remember correct, the crappy slanted intercooler which is on the early models, which I have is running aprox 320bhp and is holding the rest of the mods back, my next mod is to upgrade to the intercooler you have. So how much horse power will you be after? The stock intercooler will not limit basic mods. However there are several arguments around heat soak when sat at traffic lights etc due to the intercooler being on top of the engine and requiring the car to move in order to get cold air.

Which leaves looks. Do you think front mounts look cool, is it part of the look you are going for? Are you willing to get rid of the bonnet scoop to fit air evacuation vents due to a front mount being fitted. That said front mounts do have there benefits. Example, going over 400bhp and if you constantly stop, start in a city and traffic light race everyone.

These are all basic thoughts and arguments. Ive had a beer.

• Like 1