Looking to buy first Suburu

Waddy08

Hi all, 

I have finally took the plunge and committed to buying my first Impreza. I have loved them since I was a kid and have always wanted to own one. I have driven a couple at local garages but I am unsure on what I should be looking out for.

I have found a couple of 2009 2.5 WRX's which appear to be tidy well maintained cars. 

Any help on key things which I should be looking for when looking round the car or test driving would be great. 

I hope to be part of the club very soon. 

Thanks 

Luke

Wotcha and welcome.

Here is a thread with a load of good advice in general

With the 08 onwards ones check for rear arch rust - it collects there as well, panels are thin so look along the car on the roof line, the upper rear qtr panel can sometimes be pushed in. You can get clunks from the front top mounts and suspensions struts, slow rolling forwards and backwards then braking will throw these out.

Usual stuff around full service.

Interior trim paint is really thin check the door card handle grips and console trays where keys will have been placed for damage - small negotiating point

get a proper 4 wheel alignment done and consider a remap for optimum fuelling through the range and ringland failure protection (not necessarily power)  

Keep us posted as to your progress