2006 wrx milltek cat back with what downpipe

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice.

My 2006 Hawkeye wrx has got it's standard exhaust on it but is looking quite rusty. 

I'm looking to replace it and also stick a catted downpipe on it. I can't find the milltek one on any of the websites I've looked on. Will any downpipe fit with the milltek cat back? Or will I have to find a milltek downpipe for it to fit properly?

Only reason I'm changing the downpipe is because the connector on the downpipe side of the gasket is looking pretty rusted and may brake off at some point.

Any help appreciated.

As long as the downpipe and the midsection has the same diameter at the flanges then any should mate up,

Standard is 2.5" Iirc there's normally only that or 3" that's widely used,
Plenty of 2nd hand exhaust on the market if your not fussed for which brand you go for,

Or if you wnat to by new have a look at cobra sport they do everything from the turbo back and aren't to loud or droney on long trips,

A few of us here have or have had them myself Inc, and find them pretty reasonable

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, stants said:

As long as the downpipe and the midsection has the same diameter at the flanges then any should mate up,

Standard is 2.5" Iirc there's normally only that or 3" that's widely used,
Plenty of 2nd hand exhaust on the market if your not fussed for which brand you go for,

Or if you wnat to by new have a look at cobra sport they do everything from the turbo back and aren't to loud or droney on long trips,

A few of us here have or have had them myself Inc, and find them pretty reasonable

As long as it's not too loud, i'm not too fussed. I'd prefer a decent branded one so i know it should last.

Will any new age wrx exhaust fit? Also, where should i look? i've been checking on eBay, gumtree and in the for sale section on this forum but haven't seen too many.

Cobra do a 'track day friendly' system and Haywood and Scott do a a full system but they cost a fair bit, ideally you'll want to look for one that has a resonated mid section that way it shouldn't be to loud

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stants said:

Cobra do a 'track day friendly' system and Haywood and Scott do a a full system but they cost a fair bit, ideally you'll want to look for one that has a resonated mid section that way it shouldn't be to loud

I've been looking on demon tweaks website. They do a full cobra turbo back system with a sports cat and resonated mid pipe for just under £1k. So I'll probably end up getting that.

I'm hoping it brings out the burble. The stock exhaust needs to be at 3k rpm before I even hear it.

Thanks for the advice mate, appreciated!

10 minutes ago, stants said:

Go to cobra direct my be a bit cheaper, if your any where near Sheffield then pop by if not visit http://cobrasport.com/index.php/

@savagebulldogs got his though them via eBay may be worth dropping him a message think it was cheaper due to it not being polished

Thanks for the advice mate.

Appreciated.