2008 core 2 sat nav disc. Help.

I have a 2008 OB 3.0 Rn and updated the sat nav disc to a 2018 disc. Worked great until I needed to disconnect the Battery. Now the unit will not read the update disc and I cannot find the original disc. My suspicions are that the original disc has some files on it which the sat nav requires to make it operate. Can anyone confirm if this is so and suggest a solution.

Looking at a blank screen is doing my head as it is integral to the car Stereo, phone etc.

I live near York .

• 5 weeks later...

Thankyou for your offer, but I have now resolved the issue.

Yes, there are essential system files on the original disc as I suspected. I acquired a set of original Subaru discs. Popped one in and after a few seconds the sat nav was downloading system files. Shortly after that we were up and running with full screen functionality. 

Lesson learnt 1)....don't throw the original disc after updating sat nav.

Lesson learnt 2)..... If you don't have the original disc, do not disconnect the the Battery without providing an alternative 12v supply to the sat nav, otherwise you will lose those vital system driver files.