Key fob not working

Hey all strange one, but just had 10 days away and when I got back I had a flat Battery. Kinda new that was going to happen as I left my dash cam on for surveillance while away. So charged up Battery and reconnected an alarm came on. My normal key didn’t switch it if, but the spare did. Spare key will lock and unlock the car and start etc, but my normal key won’t. I just thought it was Battery, so replaced and still nothing. At this point I’m guessing it might need reprogramming, but I have no idea who to do it. It’s an Impreza wrx 2005 and the key is with the single button.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk Pro

Assume it the sigma alarm .

Does key start car if turn off alarm with spare key (keep spare key away from ignition switch when test this).

If does start the skim key chip fine and it purely issue with the remote board in the key head or like you thinking it lost programming .

You can attempt reprogramming yourself but first thing is make sure you have a working manual pin code and if not set a new 4 pin code first before trying reprogram keys
*reason do this is so got way access alarm if cocked up programming *

If you search on here for sigma key fob programming you find instructions from myself and others .

Also worth having close look at keyfob as button switch often breaks off the circuit board, is online repair services or buy a used keyfob off eBay and swap it to yours and program it to your alarm .