Wheel for 2010 Outback

pinkteal

Hello everyone -  I have just become a 2010 Outback owning lady and so far I am a happy bunny (I previously owned a 1991 Defender so the comfort is overwhelming).  However, the car has an inflation kit rather than a spare wheel which I am not super keen on.  The wheels are 17" with 5 studs - can  or should I look at space saver wheels or would a full size wheel be a better idea?  Would a full size with tyre fit in the compartment?  Are there any good places to look for Subaru wheels other than the main dealer.

Any idea/tips gratefully received

Thank you

Hello shms - thank you for your message.  I think it is an early 4 (5) - the windows are framed - would that be right?  Thank you for your suggestion of putting something on the wanted page, when I am completely sure of the model, I will do that.  I am definitely not confident enough to tackle a breakers yard - I would love to but it is well out of my comfort zone!.   Perhaps I will phone my local Subaru garage and ask them to look the model up - could be a plan. 🤔

Hello shms - yes it looks exactly like the picture (even colour).  Thank you for the link, I have had a look and will run it past one of the agricultural fitters at a farm I do some work for and see if they are able to help out.

Many thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi

I am new in this forum as recently bought outback 65 reg. I think it can carry full size spare wheel (225/60/18).

Did you manage to get spare wheel. 

My question is, is it necessary to carry spare wheel, full size or space saver? 

Thanks 

Hello Ahmed

Apologies for my delayed response. I had a look at the article posted last year but wasn't super keen on the idea of shaving a wheel to get it to fit.  I think you can carry a full size wheel if it is not inflated but I need to check that. I did raise it with the Subaru garage when my car went in for some work and they seemed pretty confident but we didn't actually put a wheel in the boot.  As you can see, I haven't pursued this very far but I plan to as I do not feel very confident travelling wiithout some sort of spare.  I have the repair stuff which is supposed to work but thankfully have not had to try it yet.

Woud you let me know if you have made any enquiries.  At some point in the next few weeks I will make an appointment with the Subaru garage to try a spare.  I would be happy with a steel as it is only to get out of a muddle.