Alloys, tyre sizes and spacers for a 2001 Outback H6

Hello,

I'm looking for some wheels forbwhen the weather improves. Currently on stock 16s.

What is the biggest wheel size I can fit on the H6 without altering suspension set up or arches?

Also I want to improve the stance on the stock wheels, can you fit spacers and longer bolts to the standard set up?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I used to run 7.5j (I think) 18s on my gen 2 legacy with 225/40/18s with no issues, so should be fine on the outback. Any bigger or wider probably would’ve required some narrower, lower profile tyres if not some spacers and arch work. IMO though the 18s fill the arch well enough. 

• Like 1

I used to run 7.5j (I think) 18s on my gen 2 legacy with 225/40/18s with no issues, so should be fine on the outback. Any bigger or wider probably would’ve required some narrower, lower profile tyres if not some spacers and arch work. IMO though the 18s fill the arch well enough. 
Thanks@WideSam

I'd like to find some concave or deep dish alloys for the H6, but they seem a rare addition and the common choice is 5 spoke or multi spoke flat wheels. I like the way these sorts of wheels sit on the car, probably because I've always had German cars.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah things like Rota, bola and OZ seem to be the most popular, but as you say have little dish. Some of the rota and bola wheels have a slight concave, more than pictures give the appearance of. 

5x100 does open the search up a bit as it brings some of the VAG stuff into play (although best to check as I’m not sure on centre bore). That should give you a bit more scope for the more “euro” style of wheels. 

• Like 1