Immobilizer

Jason2687

Just wondering if the following is normal:

I have a 2002 impreza gx awd, I have sigma alarm which also acts as the remote central locking. I can get in the car and sometimes it will turn over without any issues but occasionally I have to lock and unlock the car even after a minute or so for it to start again. Just wondering if I have an issue with the immobilizer. I also have the original remote key but it appears the Battery maybe dead. If anyone could advice id much appreciate it. 

That is totally normal function of the cat 1 alarm .

When you unlock the car with remote immobilizer also deactivated but if you do not start car within around 60 seconds the immobilizer auto actives again .

This is a feature and requirement of cat1 alarm requirements as gives you car some level of protection even if forget lock car .

You do not need arm then disarm the alarm, all you do is with key in ignition and turned to run position ( 1 turn further would be starter cranking ) and press the fob button and immobilizer deactivates ((you will likely here the alarm module relays click also if paying attention ..

Link below is a M30 info booklet, be sure sort a working 4 digit pin code and get Battery for remote, they like £1.20 on eBay for good branded cell
Not having a working pin code can be expensive mistake in the future .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Ub2apq5-pfcjJhSm5XUHNyUzQ

8 minutes ago, Mr B said:

That is totally normal function of the cat 1 alarm .

When you unlock the car with remote immobilizer also deactivated but if you do not start car within around 60 seconds the immobilizer auto actives again .

This is a feature and requirement of cat1 alarm requirements as gives you car some level of protection even if forget lock car .

You do not need arm then disarm the alarm, all you do is with key in ignition and turned to run position ( 1 turn further would be starter cranking ) and press the fob button and immobilizer deactivates ((you will likely here the alarm module relays click also if paying attention ..

Link below is a M30 info booklet, be sure sort a working 4 digit pin code and get battery for remote, they like £1.20 on eBay for good branded cell
Not having a working pin code can be expensive mistake in the future .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Ub2apq5-pfcjJhSm5XUHNyUzQ

Brilliant, Thank you for your help and the information booklet much appreciated :).