Living with a Forester

Tony Hals

I have just joined (the Forum does not let me access an introduction) My first Subaru was purchased in 1988 and I have always kept a Subaru in my car fleet ever since.

In the 1990s I got my first Forester and apart from a couple of Outbacks, have always had a Forester.  Currently I have a 2006 Forester XLN  2.0 and a 2007 Forester Xc  2.0 ( also in our fleet, is an 83 year old Singer Le Mans. The Forester XC is a recent addition, because the vintage car is not suitable for my wife to do winter visits to her mother, a long distance away.. Reliability being paramount , I purchased the second Forester because I cannot fit into the tiny Le Mans. My wife loves listening to talking book CDs on her journey.  Help. The CD player gives the message Error 99 and will not eject or accept . any tips ?

Not sure if it will help others, But the cd function on the audio system showing error 99 I have cured. Using a narrow plastic spatula from the kitchen -about the same thickness as a cd - I pushed it in and moved it about. Yes, error fault disappeared  and cd details came up. pressed eject and a tatty old cd came out. Inserted a rarely used cd and yes, all is working well.