Something's not right

Bouncer

With this....a friend's getting his car mot'd but said the garage want his current mot and log book, it's a garage he's not used before, I said don't as they've no reason for it, he's never been asked for in the past and neither have I. The garage he uses have closed just now so needs somewhere else. I said to use the one I use but he doesn't like them.....it's just this they want his log book carry on.....I wouldn't.....unless he's getting a hooky one, but they still wouldn't want/need the !Removed! log book......I smell a clone/scam/theft

I would say they will do the job pass it, and it will either go missing a few weeks or a month later, the car. Or it will be cloned. My mother had her insurance ring up once took her 4 months to battle it out said her car was in a crash down near London. She asked for the time and date when it was, as she was not in a crash and proof she was not there but her insurance still wanted to pay out. So could be to use a cloned car to claim insurance on. My mother never heard back after she kept saying she wanted to take it to court and dispute it. But they was adamant it was her Red Mazda same reg that hit another car. I will ask her if she ever did hear anything from it. But that's what my guesses are that it will be for. So point a gun to his head, tie him up and pay for some cheap hooker to sleep with him. At least he might have less chance of catching something nasty. But I wouldn't let him take his car there ;) Well until they say the old MOT is fine on it's own :D

Yeh the only thing they would normally need is the old mot, there is no legal reason they require the log book, it's a hooky mot so why would he think asking for the log book is legit, if they will do dodgy tests they will do most things dodgy, it would be cheaper in the long run for him to fix what needs doing for a proper test, I would stay well clear

• Like 1