Impreza Buyer

Fireball607

Hello all,

I am about to spend some money on my dream car. It's a 2007 Impreza WRX Wagon 2.5ltr. 

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what to look out for when I go and look at the car I'm thinking of buying. I know there are common issues like rusting arches but I want to be able to check for all the other common issues. 

Can anyone help this virgin Subaru Owner hahaha??

Thank you so much!!

On 3/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, Fireball607 said:

Hello all,

I am about to spend some money on my dream car. It's a 2007 Impreza WRX Wagon 2.5ltr. 

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what to look out for when I go and look at the car I'm thinking of buying. I know there are common issues like rusting arches but I want to be able to check for all the other common issues. 

Thank you so much!!

buying a used car is hit and miss, you gotta have service history, check the mot history to see if the owners looked after it. it could be a nice car but then turn into a money pit. you should be looking at a few at a time to see which you liked more. 2.5 suffer from ringland failure, rust is a killer for some cars. you gotta look from all angles when buying one, has been in a crash if so was it repaired without cost in mind or repaired cheaply, if he said the car had work done on it, does it have proof of it. you can get a low mileage car and it drives rubbish or get a high mileage car and drives fine. 

On 3/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, Fireball607 said:

Hello all,

Thank you so much!!

Once upon time I bought the Blob eye version and the steel arm on the front passenger side had rusted through and snapped! Had the pair replaced with alloy arms. The sub frame was also replaced as it had rusted through too.

Not sure if it's the same on a Hawkeye but worth checking the underneath on a ramp if possible.

The rest of the checks are no different to buying any other car, HPI checks, has the servicing been done on time and when is or was the belt due/done!@