Advice, please - I am looking at buying 2006 Type R Estate (3 litre)

rogermunns

I live in France and am considering buying a 2006 3litre Type R Estate. The car originally was in Yorkshire, but was exported to France in 2016 and is registered here. The car is British Racing Green (or thereabouts). It has 121 000 miles, it's auto and seems fully loaded.

The owner (another Brit. - they're everywhere here) pointed out the two or three points I should be aware of. It is (french) MoT'd and clear.

The points I noted:    (1) it might need one headlight (water inside);    (2) the driver's door rocker lock sometimes doesn't work but there is a workaround he showed me;  (3) the alarm (Thatcham Cat.1) sometimes goes off randomly.

Only (3) really bothers me. Can it be de-activated? 

Would someone please help with any other points I should be careful of? Altho' I am pushing on a bit I am able to do fairly minor repairs/adjustments/fitting  myself

On 6/28/2021 at 12:28 AM, rogermunns said:

I live in France and am considering buying a 2006 3litre Type R Estate. The car originally was in Yorkshire, but was exported to France in 2016 and is registered here. The car is British Racing Green (or thereabouts). It has 121 000 miles, it's auto and seems fully loaded.

The owner (another Brit. - they're everywhere here) pointed out the two or three points I should be aware of. It is (french) MoT'd and clear.

The points I noted:    (1) it might need one headlight (water inside);    (2) the driver's door rocker lock sometimes doesn't work but there is a workaround he showed me;  (3) the alarm (Thatcham Cat.1) sometimes goes off randomly.

Only (3) really bothers me. Can it be de-activated? 

Would someone please help with any other points I should be careful of? Altho' I am pushing on a bit I am able to do fairly minor repairs/adjustments/fitting  myself

This forum is a waste of time. Bye;