Hi!

Hi all! I've just joined, never had a Subaru before but looking at getting an exiga, as need a 7 seat family car and want it to be petrol. The Jap Import stuff is always more interesting than the more mundane "euro box" offerings I find. I've had a Nissan elgrand in the past, it was great on space but lousy build quality so I don't want another.

I see the exiga uses the Ej20, so parts for the engine should be easy enough to find hopefully, but what are Subaru dealers like if you need to order something only they can get? Will they help you even though your car is an import? I had bad experiences with Nissan dealers, none of them were interested in ordering dealer only parts for me from Japan. Always had to try and find what I needed 2nd hand from breakers. Whereas a friend of mine who has a Toyota Alphard never has a problem ordering parts from Japan via main dealers, they're always happy to help. Are Subaru dealers similar?

Thanks 👍

Ian 😊

Wotcha and welcome - I have had a mixed experience with my local main stealer. The problem I think is that they have people that work there who are not enthusiasts so once you get outside of a fixed process you are limited - The first one being for an import is "computer says no". It appears the system they have can only deal with UK registrations, most recently I gave them a UK reg plate but it looked like the car had been imported from Cyprus - This threw up an error on the screen that the two chaps had not seen before - They will be phoning me when Subaru has got back to them

I find myself doing research first and then having at least a direction for them helps a lot.

I have only had experience of one current place though so others may have different stories