Subaru Impreza Wrx Exhaust Help

Nathan97

Hi Guys i have recently bought my first impreza wrx so dont know alot but i need a new exhaust for it and i am finding it hard to find the right one as my impreza is a 2001 bugeye its hard to find the right exhaust. its is currently blowing from the rear cat and it is corroded back from there to the exit i have looked around but i can only seem to find decat exhaust which i dont want as i want it to be reliable but still have a decent sound to it. does anyone have any reccomendations to what i can do or the parts i need to get any help would be appreciated thanks

Long way from you but consider a day out in Walsall https://www.mijexhaust.com/

and get a custom made stainless system fitted, not as expensive as you might imagine, had two systems from them and will use them again whenever.

If you do a search on here (probably the Forester forum) you'll find some pics on here of the system they made up for me, cat back under £300 all incl  each system, last vist was last years so prices might have gone up, they'll quote you over the phone.

I asked for a reasonably quiet system on the XT, OE system was 2.5", they recommended a 2.25" stainless because quieter but no worse restriction due to less restrictive silencers, the OE steel system sounded bleh (not unequal headers on the Foz) but the system MIJ put on sounds really nice, proper Scooby sound now without that annoying racket at motorway cruising speeds one often finds with some sporty type systems.

would you recommend getting one fabricated to buying like a cobra or afterburner exhaust i was gonna get a cobra sport cat exhaust i have places near me that can fabricate