Waxoyl

Ianhomer

• 2 weeks later...

There are better products out there.

I do my own rustproofing, have used Bilt Hambers products which are probably the best DIY cavity probes and products you can find, you'll need about 4/6 cans of cavity wax to fully treat inside doors wings sills bonnet boot around the wheelarches from inside the body and inside any hollow suspension or subframe sections.

For outside of subframes and suspension parts, plus exposed sections of underbody which suffer heavy weather, first of clean off all existing rust and use rust converter, then zinc paint then followed by a heavy chassis paint, then when all dry and hard go over the whole underside with something like ACF50 or chain lube which will soak into all the seams...if you do it right first time all it will need is a good washdown after the winter salt has gone and a quick 20 minute recoat with whatever rust treatment you decided on during the summer..this is my regime and it works.

You could instead get it treated at Krown Wolverhampton, who will coat it for you with their own product.

• Like 1