1st time Subaru owner

MotoMezza

Long time coming this but the 300+ mile drive back home resonated some good vibes about this car. It's a 2006 as you can see, H6 engine in fair condition inside and out. The seller was a top bloke and pointed out some aspects that required input straight away in particular the drone of a rear wheel bearing and the placement of a temporary universal CV boot. I'm looking to keep this wagon for a good chunk of time so willing to throw TLC at it. Any immediate and obvious area's to start looking into here..?? Cheers, Mez/NE

Screenshot_20211023-185526_eBay.jpg

Wotcha and welcome. I always do a full service, gearbox and diff fluids plus spark plugs and a mini detail. That way I know a starting point for mechanical service and can check for sparkly oil contents and doing the mini detail (jet wash, snow foam, rinse, hand wash, dry, clay bar, polish and or wax) means I go over the car front to back and you get a good look over the body work, tyres etc.

I also replace windscreen wipers with PIAA items but that is a safety thing as they give improved visibility in the rain  

22 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome. I always do a full service, gearbox and diff fluids plus spark plugs and a mini detail. That way I know a starting point for mechanical service and can check for sparkly oil contents and doing the mini detail (jet wash, snow foam, rinse, hand wash, dry, clay bar, polish and or wax) means I go over the car front to back and you get a good look over the body work, tyres etc.

I also replace windscreen wipers with PIAA items but that is a safety thing as they give improved visibility in the rain  

Cheers for that, just looking at those Wiper Blades, did you get the frameless or with frame type...???

I went for the frame type purely for the blade on the mount to keep the wiper rubber on the screen at motorway speeds but I know a taxi driver who has the non frame type working well on a Ford