2011 Impreza secondary pump failure

Gary Oakes

Hi Guys . Desperate for help with secondary pump failure . Any advice appreciated.Recent purchase then the dreaded EML with flashing cruise lights . Had her code read and flap stuck . Looking for ideas on price idea to remap to delete as been told car will be fine without as only operates for 30 seconds or so. I’m situated in the North West and would be chuffed if anyone can point me in the right direction . Thanks in advance . Gary 

Hi - With the flap stuck you will have a signal being sent to the motor that controls the flap - if the flap is stuck the motor may overheat, a minor risk but may be worth unplugging just in case.

Not sure about northwest mapping - I know Area52 in Notts will be able to sort it and a bit further south is TDR in Warwick.

A map with TDR is around 350 plus vat - Not sure they can do just the delete you require as a standalone thing but I would recommend a specific map against standard anyway as the engine runs a lot better, particularly in the midrange and better mpg results have been seen 

There is also Pole Position in Wolverhampton - They have mixed reviews, some good some bad - I know someone who has visited their new premises recently and gave positive reviews. Cost was £600 but that included VAT and addition of a 3 port boost valve which I would recommend getting fitted for a tune