SF max tyre width?

wilbs

Hi, about to change all the tyres on my 1999 SF turbo. I currently run 215/55/17s and would like to go a bit wider without the tyres contacting the bodywork. I don't mind fitting wheel spacers but don't wish to fit wheel arch flares/extenders. What is the max width tyres anyone has fitted to a SF Forester without fowling the wheel arches? Can I go 225 for instance?

thanks

225 is just 10 mm wider (5 mm inside and 5 mm out)

In order to keep the spedometer and odometer as acurate as posible 225/50/17 (101% are ok for ur application ) is ur best option. On a side note the availability on 225s is quite better.

www.tacomaworld.com gives you all the details and calculus for any tires you need. 

No, I don't know the widest tires u can put on a sf but defo someone knows. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Acula said:

225 is just 10 mm wider (5 mm inside and 5 mm out)

In order to keep the spedometer and odometer as acurate as posible 225/50/17 (101% are ok for ur application ) is ur best option. On a side note the availability on 225s is quite better.

www.tacomaworld.com gives you all the details and calculus for any tires you need. 

No, I don't know the widest tires u can put on a sf but defo someone knows. 

Thanks DR Acula, 225 sounds good, just want to put a bit more rubber under the arches

225/50 won't do the trick. Actually the wheel arch gap will be marginally biger. To fill up the wheel arch gap:

1. Go wider keep tire profile the same. Odometer and spedometer will be off

2. Lower the car: a. Lowering springs (I would not recommend. )

b. Coilovers (more expensive, but the right way to do it in my opinion )