Forester engine fit legacy diesel

Jazzy29

Hi guys, so last Friday my 2009 diesel legacy turbo blew also crank so engine toast. 

I'm gonna scrap the car but wondered if say 2010 diesel forester hooks up to my car and engine fits in bay as I believe the engine used in forester is same as legacy. Ee20 engine. 

Pity as car is mint and love it but not throwing loads cash at it. I'll take the chance on older engine refit again. 

Thanks jazzy. 

It will but you need swap injectors over as they calibration coded unless equiped program them, later engines need more swapped.
Only worth doing if confident donor engine going be A1 runner and your car got no other issues such as poor dpf or egr issues .
Could ideally need a clutch too and the costof good effort gets spendy.
Most we get in unfortunatly go to salvage/scrap as most owners not willing spend big and we can't do shortcuts on these as they total ballache and liability and don't want come-backs and hassle .

On 3/4/2022 at 8:22 PM, Mr B said:

It will but you need swap injectors over as they calibration coded unless equiped program them, later engines need more swapped.
Only worth doing if confident donor engine going be A1 runner and your car got no other issues such as poor dpf or egr issues .
Could ideally need a clutch too and the costof good effort gets spendy.
Most we get in unfortunatly go to salvage/scrap as most owners not willing spend big and we can't do shortcuts on these as they total ballache and liability and don't want come-backs and hassle .

Hi buddy thanks for reply/info. Yeah I figured car is dead tbh.

Gutted as loved the car, I'll keep eye out for later gen legacy hopefully diesel engines got better as gen evolved, I'll get some bland car till good legacy comes up. 

Thanks again jazzy.