Sleep in your subaru

emlclcy

I don't own a Subaru but go camping quite regular, my current car has rubbish ground clearance. I was thinking of a Forester but after looking at one the other day there is not much room to sleep in the back with the seats down 

Is the outback the same or are there 'estate' versions to look for?

Cheers carl

16 hours ago, emlclcy said:

Fantastic, does it matter what year? Saw a Forester the other day and it's not long enough

Cheerscarl

No idea if other years have the same space, I can only comment on mine, which is a 2007 model. later cars (from 2009 onwards) are overall bigger but that is external dimensions. The load bay/sleeping space would need someone owning one of those to comment.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:08 AM, Greenmamba said:

No idea if other years have the same space, I can only comment on mine, which is a 2007 model. later cars (from 2009 onwards) are overall bigger but that is external dimensions. The load bay/sleeping space would need someone owning one of those to comment.

thanks for the feedback, we do a lot of camping and i have a toyota avensis estate, big boot space but no ground clearance. so the plan now if to find an outback and then do a 2" lift etc to give it the off-road look. they seem so rare i have never seen one in the flesh!

carl

• 4 weeks later...