help advice for my install

ok here goes im going to do a install nothing to fancy...But before i start i will just list what i have to install.

i have a 600w amp 

300w amp

various speakers including 6x9s

15" sub 1200w

12" sub 1000w

all cables and wiring

i want only one sub fitted think that should be plenty but can i have one amp to power the sub and one amp to power speakers ?? i dont no nothing about audio only how to put a cd in and press play lol.

But want to do it my only concern is would this kill the Battery ??  im only going to use it when driving not parked with engine of.

if any one has any tips will be great as im a bit simple on audio so thanx in advance  oohh and i will add pics of the car today        :)

it depends on the amps you have what are the make and model numbers so I can do a bit of digging..?

it shouldn't kill your Battery if you are driving about

what I found was key to a good install was good cable to supply and a really good earth, even on the head unit the standard little earth wires just meant the head unit ran hot

matching the speakers to the amps will help with signal / energy transfer so if you have a selection of 6x9's see what the impedance is, probably 2, 4, or 8 ohms then see what your amps can handle

with subs as well as matching to the amps think about how you will mount them - a good ported box with a smaller sub can sound a lot better than a behemoth just bolted to the rear shelf

ok  jay bare with me i will dig them out the 6x9s im using are jbl GT0937 three way  100w rms 300w peak

i will look for the amps i no one is green think that is a jbl to sure its 600w

hope this works if it does scroll down and thats one of my amps

http://www.avforums.com/forums/electrical-goods-classified-adverts/1673505-sale-floor-standers-av-stack-system-car-amps-car-stereos-subs-speakers.html

i will try to find info on my subs and other amp

Had a quick look and you should be able to wire up the whole system including a sub using the jbl gto4000 amp that is in the link you posted.

I like JBL kit never had any problems with it good solid sound and JBL - 'Just !Removed! lLud!' 'nuff said

The 6x9 speakers you have, from what I have found, are 2 ohms so depending what the rating of the sub is you run the risk of overloading the amp if you choose to bridge in conjunction with the four speakers as it specifies a minimum of 2 ohms per speaker line so if you then bridge the rear connections using the subwoofer it could take it below 2ohms

So if it was me I would have that amp doing the four speakers - at 2 ohms that will give you a constant 75w of sound power, with the 937's being able to handle 100w constant that should give a nice sound. Whatever you go for upfront you can go 2 or 4 ohm, 4 ohm will give you slightly less constant power at 50w but you may prefer that if they are closer to you

Let us know what the other amp is and I can do some more digging

for running 2 amps you should maybe invest in a power cap it stops the amps sooking all the power from the Battery which affect the performance of the car.it will also stop the dimming of the lights and other eletrical stuff from not working while having the system on.

• Like 1

Had a quick look and you should be able to wire up the whole system including a sub using the jbl gto4000 amp that is in the link you posted.

I like JBL kit never had any problems with it good solid sound and JBL - 'Just !Removed! lLud!' 'nuff said

The 6x9 speakers you have, from what I have found, are 2 ohms so depending what the rating of the sub is you run the risk of overloading the amp if you choose to bridge in conjunction with the four speakers as it specifies a minimum of 2 ohms per speaker line so if you then bridge the rear connections using the subwoofer it could take it below 2ohms

So if it was me I would have that amp doing the four speakers - at 2 ohms that will give you a constant 75w of sound power, with the 937's being able to handle 100w constant that should give a nice sound. Whatever you go for upfront you can go 2 or 4 ohm, 4 ohm will give you slightly less constant power at 50w but you may prefer that if they are closer to you

Let us know what the other amp is and I can do some more digging

ok jay thanx buddy think its best just to use the one amp with sub and 6x9 just got to work out how to wire it all up to the amp thanx buddy 

• 2 months later...

If ya headunit has a sub pre-out run the 6x9s directly from the head unit if your only running 1 amp, you will have more control over sound quality. As for which sub to use,well that depends on which style of music you normaly listen to,if ya into dub,reggae n dancehall stylee or anything with deep heavy bass go for the 15", if it's dubstep, drum n bass,electro or house go for the 12". Try and keep ya tops n mids seperate from ya subs.

• Like 1