2017-2019 Impreza Space Saver wheel

norfolkRX

My car came without a spare wheel, and where I live you might have to wait a long time to be recovered so I was thinking of getting a space saver wheel.

Has any one tried to fit a 17" skinny space saver wheel into the wheel well in the boot - it looks a little shallow to me?

Subaru won't sell me one because it's apparently "not approved" but I'm fairly sure this car in other countries is fitted with a space saver?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge and bought a skinny space saver spare wheel from The Wheel Shop (I have no connection with them) who were helpful with dimensions etc. It fitted fine into the wheel well. It was slightly thicker than the existing trim allowed for so the carpet board in the boot was raised up by about a centimeter or two. You'll need to rig up, or buy, a hold down to keep the wheel in place but there is room in the centre of the wheel for existing tools except the wheel brace.

Subaru were happy to sell me a full size spare wheel + 'necessary' extras but they wanted about £600 for that !!!

17 SPACE SAVER SPARE WHEEL COMPATIBLE WITH SUBARU XV (2011-PRESENT DAY) Space Saver Wheel The Wheel Shop.jpg