Delete/disable mod - Thatcham M30 Sigma Immobiliser Cat1

Hi folks,

Sorry for the "ask for a friend" - my friend is a older pre-Internet pre-computers mechanic/fabricator, so he's asked me to track down info/help

His 2002 Subaru Legacy Outback 3ltr H6 was retired due to rot, but he has given it a new life by building it's mortal remains into a 4x4 custom yard truck.

(Predictably) however, modernity has got in the way. He has a crank no start condition (it's getting fuel, but no spark) that is believed to be a result of the Thatcham M30 Sigma Cat1 Immobiliser that was fitted to some of the UK models from factory.

He doesn't have automotive computer skills/equipment, but I have a some electronics background (just not from automotive)

Could anyone offer any advice on whether a permanent delete/disable is possible - links to a step-by-step, wiring diagrams - anything would be really helpful

Kindest Regards

Eccles

• 5 months later...

Our new (used) satisfaction and joy has a sigma alarm geared up however no coaching guide or documentation. insurance business enterprise want to know which model number it's far. The dealer confirmed us the way to use it and can tell us the serial wide variety of the alarm, is there a manner of having from this to the real version variety? Tried the sigma internet site however that become useless.