Self-levelling rear struts for an Outback

Hello,

Does anyone here have any experience of using self-levelling struts on the rear of their Scooby? I have an Outback (2006 model) and the back end seems a bit loose. By that I mean that the dampers don't seem to be working as well as I'd like them to. I've seen a pair of self-levelling shocks for an Outback on eBay, and wondered if anyone has any experience of using them? I have previous experience of self-levelling shocks on a Merc estate I had, and after that I had a set on a Kia Sorento. On both of those cars I liked the fact that no matter how much weight was in the back of the car it still rode as it should, without the headlights pointing at the sky. So does anyone know if they're any good on the Outback?

Self levelling rears were standard on Outbacks of that generation, nivomat type ones, very different from the wonderful hydraulic sphere system on the Mercs though. I replaced the knackered ones on my '08 Outback with the non self levelling Peddars offering, since the original KYB ones failed at around 100k miles so not worth fitting second hand ones.

https://pedders.co.uk/pedders-rear-suspension-conversion-kit-standard-height-subaru-outback-bp-803055

I would recommend KYB excel G shocks and matching heavy duty springs .
You can get the KYB shocks for abot £60 each if hunt around on likes of eBay and use a coupon.
If getting fussy on ride height and load it heavy or tow you could contact springcoil in UK who can make high quality custom springs to increase height, spring rate or to a progressive spring rate design .
The looseness or floaty feel you getting is probably due to failing standard self levelling as it tends create a dead travel range when the height hydrualics/valving not working correctly .