Excessive Road Noise Impreza GX

Over the last few weeks I have noticed excessive road noise, seemingly from the rear of the car.

My worry is that it could be a bearing, the rear diff or something else I haven't thought of. The noise doesn't seem to affect the performance or road holding, but I wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar and knew what it was.

Sorted!

I've sold the car.

It was getting to the point where constant repair and refurbishment was becoming rapidly uneconomical. Since the car only cost me £500 to start with, I paid £300 to get the brakes sorted, £520 to get the exhaust replaced, it would have cost about £500 to get the wheel bearings done (so I left that for the new owner). The bodywork was rotting around the rear light clusters and one of the hatch supports had become detached due to rot. My days of sorting anything mechanical have gone due to COPD and Osteo Arthritis, I am now reliant to a large extent on garages for work.

At least I sold the car for more than I paid for it, but given the work done, and 12 months road tax, I have made a significant loss on the deal. Shame, it was a nice car to drive, most of the time.

• Like 1