no radio reception

LUIGI-3

Right another question lads

Im not getting any radio reception at all. nothing. there is a blaupunkt unit instead of original and there is one thick black cable not connected anywhere. but its too short ( only a foot )  how does antenna works in these cars? do they have printed antenna?

I would try extend the black cable and test it I'me sure that will be the radio. I've not used or gone with a radio unit in my car and it's been awhile from the last time I was in that part of the dash. Only other way maybe is if you can get a dabs kit. 

I would try extend the black cable and test it I'me sure that will be the radio. I've not used or gone with a radio unit in my car and it's been awhile from the last time I was in that part of the dash. Only other way maybe is if you can get a dabs kit. 

whats dabs kit mate ? :)

Its a digital signal kit for the radio.

the idea is you connect the kit to your existing aerial lead and you tune your radio to a particular frequency which is the signal coming from the digital kit, you then change stations using the digital tuner getting digital radio stations instead of your current head unit.

here is an example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Pure-Highway-DAB-Digital-Radio-In-Car-or-Portable-AUX-In-Out-ICT-/261111313161?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3ccb727309

Oh i see :)  i will need to have a better look when im off, cos the prewious owner left bunch of cables under passangers carpet and plugged to Battery going to boot, none of them were connected to anything and none of them were aerial cable. I suspect it was some sort of homemade music install. i will take a pics when i get a chance ;)

If I remember the blobeyes is in the rear window and it did suck for me too I ended up getting something like this but the unit in the car is one that gets freeview TV pop out dvd player thing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOLEADS-DAB-AA1-Glass-Mount-DAB-Digital-Car-Radio-Aerial-Antenna-SMB-Connector-/111195116986?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item19e3bed5ba

But you might be able to get a booster 

Like this 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-radio-stereo-aerial-amplifier-booster-boosts-your-radio-reception-/151108528250?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item232ec5287a