Mot jargon, anybody able to shed any light on this

ScoobySTI

Hi guys and gals, Happy new year to you all.

My car failed its mot yesterday two separate issues ,1) being number plate bulb and the other from what I can gather is bushes BUT its not that simple

They are as follows.

Near side rear anti-roll bar linkage rubber MOUNTING deteriorated resulting in excessive movement

and

Offside rear anti-roll bar linkage rubber BUSH deteriorated resulting in excessive movement .

They both have the same mot code 2.4.g.2 but as you can see is slightly different. Can anybody tell me are they both the same part, if so can anybody provide a link or a reasonable place to order them and finally can the bushes be purchased on their own as the guy said I might have to buy the linkage arm from him that has the bushes already in them, but obviously a lot more money.

Cheers guys

Sounds to me like the near side issue is a worn bush at the top of the drop link and the off side issue is the bush at the bottom of the drop link.

If that's the case, a pair of drop links will sort it out which can be got from import car parts for standard ones, or upgrades from various sources.

• Like 1