strange knocking noise on 2nd gear

LUIGI-3

I noticed this 2 nights ago, moving on from traffic lights, steady throttle 1st then onto second and had to let go off accelerator pedal but didnt brake pedal just let engine brake, soon as slow down i heard this knocking at the back- like coming from boot or even from underneath. Its rear passengers side. tried it couple of times after. 3rd gear little brake then into 2nd and let it roll -here it comes again. i can do same on 1st- nothing, 3rd nothing. Its not related to road bumps or pot holes, tried rocking the rear wheel- nothing, exhaust moves just slightly but thats normal i suppose. then i checked boot, reserve wheel not moving around, and no tools moving about in wheel well.

No idea what it could be :(

I would have said rear diff if it had been in 1st without the handbrake being fully released but for 2nd gear only and at the rear I'm not sure, but would say rear diff just letting you know it;s there. I'd keep driving it mate see how it goes might just have been one of them noises maybe a stone come loose  and flicked up made a thud sound.  :huh:

well bit of an update on this one- and dont laugh you lot now :) you know in the boot there is like another storage pocket- well ,,widow maker" has been moving there and knocking against body. It was only in certain motion sort of back and forth. God do i feel like a proper **** :wacko:

well bit of an update on this one- and dont laugh you lot now :) you know in the boot there is like another storage pocket- well ,,widow maker" has been moving there and knocking against body. It was only in certain motion sort of back and forth. God do i feel like a proper **** :wacko:

Points and laughs ;)

No easy done mate I know what I'm like if you hear a noise that doesn't sound right  :lol:

Least be able to sleep easy now :D 

• Like 1

Widowmaker... Have you got a Suzuki TL1000 hiding in the back? if not you are probably safe, even if you miss out on the V-twin growl equivalent bike. Your missus can sleep easy as your car won't spit you off as easy as that beautiful but tempermental machine. I would love one but I am too chicken ;-)

FWIW my Scoobie rear shockies are knockin' a wee bit, and I expect to pay up on that in 6 months time. Or maybe not. We'll see...

• Like 1

ahhh yes that would explain it - had that before myself - but on teh upside its another easy problem solved :)

Diz scoobies are known to have knocking coming from the shocks this vid explains it as it may be relevant to yours...

• Like 1

Jay, I was told by previous owner that this wasn't uncommon. Unaccustomed as I am... I looked it up and it seemed he was telling the truth.

In Luigi's case it seems the knocking was far more innocent. Re the shockies it doensn't hurt to say, the Subaru dealer said it 'may be an MoT failure, but don't worry as it won't affect the handling of the car'. Eh? Wouldn't you just spin that if you were getting a grand from it...?

It certainly doesn't interfere with the handling - my buggy still sticks to the road like **** to a blanket, if you'll pardon the term. Ahh, if only I'd been born with a girl brain I might have been doing well with a sugar daddy right now.