Factory fit Sigma M30 alarm ECU/siren location MY00 Impreza, where?!

Just a quick one all, but does anyone know where the factory fitted Sigma M30 alarm ECU is located? and also does anyone know where the siren is located in the engine bay?  I thought both would be obvious but seemingly not!

Many thanks,

Chris.

Id let the alarm ring see if you can trace it if it works. And I thought the main ECU for the alarm was the keypad down by the right knee in the coin tray. But other than that I'm not 100% sure mate sorry :(   

Gambit, Jay, 

No worries fellas! man flu's all cleared up now so I have no excuse but to get out there!

The thing is I didn't even get given an alarm fob with the car so can't try to arm it :(

I have found a bracket with a siren sized gap between the right suspension turret and the airbox where something was bolted previously via two captive M8 bolts but is now missing (factory bracket as it holds another component.)  I think this is where the siren lived but I can't see any wiring loom present.

The little pad thing in my car is fitted behind the glove box and only visible when it's open, I think that's just the source programming pad though, the ECU its self is about the size of a biggish packet of !Removed!! I'll have another delve about tomorrow day :)

I was kind of hoping I could utilise the wiring from the M30 but possibly not! if I can get a decent quote to get it fitted I'll go that way instead, then at least I can get the certificate filled out and validated :)

havent had a sigma fitted for years, think it was £480 all in but was good tidy job and alarm was excellent (I had previous experience of cliffords, seduced by the hype and marketing, wasnt impressed) - was quite happy when I found Subarus came with them as standard

• Like 1

Ooh eck Jay! I may have a crack at fitting it myself then in that case!  yeah they seem to get pretty good reviews and love the fact they're factory specced by Subaru :)

Cheers Gambit,  I'll have a look, I'm going to try tracing the wiring back from the LED on the dash too as that should hopefully get me to the original ECU, I hope! I assume it's pretty well hidden to stop undesirables finding it, but man it makes stuff like this hard!!

Classics had a shield fitted as a warranty upgrade, this was to stop interference with Radio signals, ironically, and i believe the early bugs had it too, My advice dont touch it, i nearly ripped it out when i got stuck in the field, but its well and truly in there.