oil pressure gauge problem!

Hello all!

i've fitted an electric oil pressure gauge to my W reg impreza uk turbo & it doesn't seem to be working properly!

Basically the needle rarely moves from 0, every now again it jumps up to take a reading but then the needle will settle to 0 again! I've been through all the connections & everything seems ok & secure.

The gauge I bought is a Tim & came with pressure sender etc. I used an adapter fitted where the original pressure switch sits so that that the original switch can still be fitted.

Anybody got any ideas? faulty sender maybe?

Craig

Got any pictures where its plumbed in? For my future reference is all

Have you checked the wires are in correct order to gauge?

the wiring is very straight forward with just 4 wires

1 to switched live

1 to light feed

1 to sender

1 to earth

i fitted boost gauge at the same time & that works spot on. I think what i'm going to do is remove the wore from the sender & fit it to the original pressure switch to see if anything changes

bit of an update. Checked the wiring & connections again & everything is nice & tight. I moved the sender unit to a bit of a better location. Shut the bonnet, started the car, set off & the gauge burst into life & has stayed working the whole 30mins I was out in the car!