Dented my bonnet

Mikeaston

Anyone out there breaking an RB5.
!Removed! disaster. I've managed to reverse my Frontera into the front of my RB5, creating an unsightly dent right on the curve of the bonnet. :angry:

I could bodge it, but would prefer to fit a replacement bonnet if any available.

Welcome to S.O.C 

Sorry to hear about the bad news :( Could be worse though Diz had something a bit similar not long back with pictures on here if you want to make yourself feel better. And she's done a great job of getting it repaired :)

• Like 1

Mods, if you don't mind me saying, I had a lot of luck with scoobyspares.com breakers in Fleetwood, Cumbria, who even held back on sending parts when they had one coming in the same colour. I'd never dealt with them before but they were really helpful. The boot lid cost me £40, bumper skin and upper back beam £100. Delivery was £80 (ouch, most likely because of the size of the bumper skin) but it was very well wrapped and shipped on a pallet.

That is a nice looking car, it deserves some TLC :)

• Like 2

One other thing I would add, if you get the right colour it saves on getting the underside sprayed, sometimes in awkward places, or only having the top sprayed and being obvious spray on the top only to be met with a mismatch when the bonnet or boot is popped open.

• Like 2

Here you go Audis worst for breakdowns too 

German cars are not as reliable as their reputation suggests. That's according to one warranty provider, which has studied its database to reveal the makes of cars most and least likely to have engine problems.
Warranty Direct, which with 50,000 policies on its books is the UK's leading supplier of direct consumer warranties, claims that Audis, BMWs and Volkswagens have some of the least reliable engines available.
Indeed, among the cars owned by its policy holders, the only engines to have failed more than Audis were those from the now defunct MG Group. In total 1 in 13 of MG Rover motors failed in the past year, and problems presented themselves in 1 in every 27 Audi engines. Mini was the third least reliable with a failure rate of 1 in 40, while BMW finished seventh (1 in 45) and Volkswagen ninth (1 in 52).
The most reliable engines came from Honda, with a failure rate of just 1 in 344, with Toyota in second (1 in 171) and, maintaining some honour for the German brands, Mercedes in third (1 in 119).
The company also pointed out the high cost of repair that can be associated with engine problems. In its highest claim, which was for a Range Rover Vogue, an engine failure cost £12,998.46.

• Like 1

Mercs these days don't have a good rep for rust issues. A but like the old Datsuns... yes, I'm that old.

I am a Honda girl when is comes to motorbikes, CB500 winter bike and VFR800 last pre-vtec model. Bombproof engines, durable bodywork but over engineered? I guess I am a fool for Jap engines.

Now I open the bonnet of the Scoob, check the levels and otherwise admit defeat and take it to the garage!

Back to the point... Mike If you want to PM me I'm happy to give you the low down, contacts, prices and delivery times I experienced. Or you can check out the Old Banger or Query about my rear end threads where it's pretty much all documented, in all its misery but final glory. Btw I feel your horror, it is the most gut churning feeling :-(

• Like 1

Ha ha Gambit! Used to help my mate out with her market stall. We went to the Harley-Davidson rally in Aviemore. HD, Goldwing and BMW riders, many of them taking their bikes there on a trailer towed by a big posh motorhome, would ride around the campsite showing off their assortment of horns and flashing light arrangements, leaving us thinking 'What else did you get for Christmas?'. What a bunch of fannies.

• Like 1

Ha ha Gambit! Used to help my mate out with her market stall. We went to the Harley-Davidson rally in Aviemore. HD, Goldwing and BMW riders, many of them taking their bikes there on a trailer towed by a big posh motorhome, would ride around the campsite showing off their assortment of horns and flashing light arrangements, leaving us thinking 'What else did you get for Christmas?'. What a bunch of fannies.

Exactly point proven :D