impreza sti 1997 audio?

weeksy

Was hoping to get info on swapping double din to single din headunit....

is it just a case of fitting a blanker?

Also what size are the front/rear speakers?

Im hoping to fit 6.5"components in both locations?

All help replies are greatfully received.

Thanks

Yep I had like a coin tray that was under my single din unit before I changed it. And the speakers will need MDF donuts making if the previous owner hasn't done it yet. I had to make some for mine but they will fit :)

• Like 1

Well I can thats not a problem but looking at this they can do them cheaper than I could get the material for :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MDF-Round-Oval-Car-Speaker-Spacer-Adaptor-Ring-4-5-25-10-6-5-12-6-x-9-15-/150679575745?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&var=&hash=item231533dcc1

As for the earth I used a bolt that was sticking out near the back seat's if I can remember right so yes plenty of earthing points to use :)

Just had a look loads of stuff now you can buy for the speakers :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=speaker+donuts&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcar+speaker+spacers&_nkw=car+speaker+spacers&_sacat=0

• Like 1

this is exactly why im loving this forum true owners/car lovers help you out and even save you money when they could of ripped you off.True gent much respect seriously impressed.

thanks

• Like 1

Well Castle Combes Japfest is booked now. But still have places for Japfest 2. I'm hoping ?I can make that one but depends on the sale of my house and moving as it will more than likely fall around the same time :(  

But certainly think a big S.O.C meet would be a good thing :)