fuel cap

Lol, thanks for the welcome mate, Yeh it seems fine it's just when I don't do the petrol cap up properly it will not boost also just out of curiosity, I have only just purchased the car so don't know a huge amount about hem just the basics really but I was told it has a td05 turbo and it's got a front mount intercooler, uprated throttle body and it's running at around 1.5 bar but I plumbed the gauge in myself going by a guide online. Does this sound ok as the car has not been remapped and seems slow compared to my dad's old 2002 wrx sti. Mine is a normal 2001 wrx. Sorry for all the questions.

No problem - ask away we wont necessarily have relevant answers but there is always random mutterings instead ;)

As we dont know the history or how it was set up being modified from standard the 1.5bar could right... The larger turbo and extra plumbing of the FMIC could impact the spool up time which will give longer lag but a bigger punch when it comes in.

I would suggest a good service - plugs, oil and filter, check the air filter and brake pads & discs then you have a known starting point - I would then suggest a rolling road session to see what the current performance of the car is - not for power but to see what is working and where there needs to be focus.

for instance your injectors could need cleaning, petrol pump needs replacing etc

first thing though - you could share some photos - feel free to set up a new thread in the impreza section for your vehicle  ;) 

I use photobucket to upload them and then use the direct link. above the reply to post is a picture of a tree like thing click that and in the pop up paste the direct link there and press ok. If done right should load a picture up for you :)