Hi, New Owner in need of a door mirror....

Glynger

Hi there,

Been the owner of my 2009 Legacy 2.0D Touring for a couple of months now and i must say, What a great car, i'm really impressed....!

My only gripe is parts.... i'm finding it really difficult to get replacement parts for it. I live central London and as such have to park on the street, resulting in the inevitable happening... Someones broken the passenger side door mirror, already....!!

been looking everywhere for a replacement and there doesn't seem to be a single breakers in the whole country carrying the part. the Shell is fine, so to is the glass, i just need to replace the main part. can anyone point me in the right direction or have such a part for sale?

any help in this matter is much appreciated....

Thanks

ARhhhh, just checked the details with them and it turns out it's for a Forester not a Legacy. The guy at Adams Subaru just quoted me........ £561 + Vat :o

It's an electric fold out and heated mirror yes.....

three weeks ago somone causes a £1 coin size dent in the rear door then a week ago there's a second dent and someone's yanked the mirror open, breaking it. i always fold them in because i park on the street in central london.

what can you do...? not going to get the dents done, it's just not worth untill i come to sell but you really need mirrors dont you.....

Had a thought... Legacy's are really popular in Canada, just looked at breakes over there on the web and they're a fraction of the cost (inc postage) of parts here...

Does anybody know if there are any reasons why a door mirror for a Canadian car might be of different spec to a uk model..?

Cool well if it all fits ok with no problems have to let us know I'm sure it will fit fine. Might be useful to other what you have found out and I will add there details to the spares list if you want to pass them over too ;)

Update on US and Canadian part..... According to Subaru UK the wing mirrors dont have the same part number and think there could be difference and might not work/fit properly.....

So looks like i'll have to bite the bullet.............

But for other members looking for other parts it might be worth looking at breakers overseas, 2nd hand parts do seem more availbale over there.....

G

I guess the part numbers wouldn't match as there swapped round to ours. Unless because it's electric the plug's may differ, but still a nice try. And I've never thought about trying over sea's for parts :)