Does anybody out there know if the door speakers in a Forester are the same as those in an Impreza?

I've been offered a set (Pioneer) for an Impreza, they're 5.25" front and 6.5" rear, will they fit my 07 SG 2.5XT?

Done the search thing but couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Cheers Gambit, I was a bit worried as I've read so many conflicting reports for the size of the rear speakers, anything from 4" upwards. Still, they're cheap enough and anything's got to be better than the originals.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get this sorted ? The fronts are larger than the rears so just put the fronts in the back etc, are you going 3 way or component? I changed the component ones for three way and wish I had just done a straight swap, not enough bass now for my liking

Sent from my SM-T210

Hi Stanton500, got it sorted.

Bought some Piioneer 2-ways drivers, forgotten the model numbers but the fronts were 170cm and the rears were 130cm, sounds OK. Not the bassiest sound in the world, but an improvement on the horrible plastic OEM drivers.

Got the bass end sorted by adding a 12" Kenwood sub in the back :) driven by an old Alpine amp.

• Like 1

Happy days mate, I'm trying to find the option sub they did for the foz that fits in the cubby hole, they appear to be like rocking horse !Removed!, where abouts did you mount your sub?

Sent from my SM-T210

i went with Hertz speakers, 2 way Coax in rears & 2 way Components in the front, backed with dynamat, powered from the head unit & get some great bass (certainly not sub levels) but you can hear all the ranges

@Stanton500

The sub speaker (a 12" kenwood one) is in it's own box - one of the ones that butts up against the back seats. It's powered by an old Alpine amp I had lying about. Not ideal, but the boot space is pretty huge and it's removable if I need all the space, and it sounds pretty good too ;)