Hi all

Chuckycarp

Hello

I'm not a sti owner just yet. I really starting from scratch. Want to spend bout 8k but don't know where to start. I read the buyers guide in the posts but still have a few questions. Do I buy uk or jdm. Can I get a decent hawk eye for that. What would be the best place to start and in your opinion which model should I choose. Kind of need a push in one direction and I can look into that particular model in greatest detail. I won't buy a crap car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi mate sorry about the late replies I did see this last night but was busy. So welcome to S.O.C 8k like Jay said should get you a very nice hawkeye. from when I have been looking myself as I'm thinking  getting one too and selling my bugeye ;)

• Like 1

hi mate

welcome to the site

for 8k I'd be looking for a blobeye JDM, possibly a spec C or spec D. I think you will struggle to get a nice hawkeye sti for 8k

the tax changed on 06 reg, so blob's are cheaper tax, unless you can get an early 06 hawkeye, but newer than that they are £475 a year tax.

if you look for a 2.5, try to get one that has got a forged engine, there is a known issue with the early 2.5 engine, it's a very low fail rate, but when one fails the owner stands and shouts about it, so it makes them all look bad and a worse fail rate than it actually is.

• Like 1

spec C is the stripped out model, no boot carpet, no sound deadening, no air con, smaller fuel tank, roof flap

they also have the 2.0 twin scroll engine, better low down power and less lag, but you don't get the normal Subaru burble