Missing piece of trim please help

Benj9903

Hi guys I'm brand new to the forum so here it goes, I recently bought an obsidian black Subaru wrx 2005. I completely adore this car but it has a few visual flaws, the main one is there's a noticeable piece of plastic trim missing from the passenger side rear wheel arch, it's right where the arch meets the side skirt, I'm dying to find a replacement piece but I have not got a clue on the part name or part number to find it, I got a picture attached (plus a pic of the car, hope it's likeable on here) if anybody could help me I would really appreciate it, thanks guys

post-2382-0-90190300-1398959039_thumb.jp

post-2382-0-16148200-1398959053_thumb.jp

Hello mate welcome to S.O.C 

Car looks amazing very nice looking. As for the trim we have another member that was looking I'm sure it turns out you can only get it as a full section of the inside wheel arch :( breakers yards would mabe best bet 

hi mate welcome to the site ;) i'm not too sure about the trim myself but as gambit said breakers would probably be the best bet or try looking for the complete skirt/arch trim on fleebay

Agree breakers is your best bet, prob need to get it reps rayed but it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a dealer.

Try South East Imprezas 07891129485 he generally breaks Classics, but does get later models from time to time.

Well I only had it since Sunday so I haven't had a good look about upgrading, gonna start with normal stuff, eg remapping, filter, already got a turbo back exhaust so no need to upgrade that, and eventually going down the route of new turbo possibly, haha yeah never thought I'd keep it standard for long, ahh right okay thanks guys by the looks of it breakers are gonna be the best bet, thanks for the advice guys :)

• Like 1

I can't really tell from the pics what is missing. From the description it sounds like I have the part. See picture below.

I bought both sides for a tenner from a breaker. so if it's the right part I'm happy post it to you for a fiver if it's the right part or you can pick up from Reigate. I'm not doing it for the money and it'll be more hassle than its worth but happy to do it for a fellow Subaru owner. I'm selling cheap as a favour so I won't take returns, no offence meant but some can be odd :)

The part doesn't come with the fixing screws but i think you can get them from Subaru

Here's a pic...

post-2293-139914689412_thumb.jpg

It fit my 2004 WRX, I had two holes up from the rear skirt near the rim of the wheel arch

I can't really tell from the pics what is missing. From the description it sounds like I have the part. See picture below.

I bought both sides for a tenner from a breaker. so if it's the right part I'm happy post it to you for a fiver if it's the right part or you can pick up from Reigate. I'm not doing it for the money and it'll be more hassle than its worth but happy to do it for a fellow Subaru owner. I'm selling cheap as a favour so I won't take returns, no offence meant but some can be odd :)

The part doesn't come with the fixing screws but i think you can get them from Subaru

Here's a pic...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399146894.901858.jpg

It fit my 2004 WRX, I had two holes up from the rear skirt near the rim of the wheel arch

Ahh mate that is the part, and it's the correct side, I would really appreciate it if you could post, how would I go about payment mate? I have been looking for that part locally but if haven't been able to find one, thank you so much mate

Ahh right I see, umm it's just the passenger side i need tbh mate, the other side is fine, well I live in South Wales so might be a bit too far out the way :P , bank transfer is fine mate

Yea, thats too far mate. Shame. 

The second photo was of the other side of the plastic trim...just to show you theres no fixings. If you are happy with that I'll PM you my BT details and you can sent me your address. Once the money is clear I'll send the part - i guess Tuesday now.

yea and I think I was the dude you mentioned before asking for the part ;)

Very well might have been I thought they had a back scoob in the picture though, but more than likely was you :) I've had a drink since then :D 

Yea, thats too far mate. Shame. 

The second photo was of the other side of the plastic trim...just to show you theres no fixings. If you are happy with that I'll PM you my BT details and you can sent me your address. Once the money is clear I'll send the part - i guess Tuesday now.

Okay that sounds good mate yeah I'm happy with it :) okay when I get your message I'll get on the transfer ASAP